Thursday, December 17, 2009

Missing Colorado


Don't I look silly? This was last year at Copper Mountain Ski Resort, one of my family's favorite skiing and snowboarding destinations. We had a glorious week last year, complete with a condo within walking distance of the slopes. It is amusing that every year we stay closer and closer to the lifts and at the end of each trip we pledge to stay even closer. If you don't know what it is like to lug your skis and poles while walking in ski boots on ice and snow packed cobblestones, you should stay naive.

Sadly, we will not make it to our beloved mountains this year as my brother and my schedules don't align. I suppose it is alright though, we'll just have to stay on the the low elevations of Nebraska and make do with sledding on our infamous hill. At least there are no ski boots required.

No comments:

Post a Comment