Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday Dreams


Scrumptious, right? These are the pancakes of my dreams. The ones that I think about all week until I pull out my pretty ceramic mixing bowl and whip up a batch. I make the serving for two people, but eat it all myself. I know, I know, but I figure that the fresh blueberries somehow balance the caloric count. More dreams, I know.

I have to give credit where credit is due though. When I visited my brother up in Alaska this past summer he taught me the art of the perfect pancake. What is it you ask? An 8 inch skillet, that's what. It shapes the cakes just right and makes the whole flipping process a cinch. Try it. And a little tip from my mom that cannot be overlooked, is the addition of sugar and cinnamon. That extra sweetness is just right.

So wake yourself up a little earlier next Saturday morning, get that skillet out and start making the pancakes of your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment