Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Homemade Advent Calendar







Were you as enamored with all the gorgeous countdown calendars floating around on the web this year? I certainly was, so much so, that I just had to create my own.

Supplies Needed:
close pins
gold spray paint
little brown envelopes
off-white card stock
edge rounder
white paint pen
brown Sharpie
twine
string of lights
**All supplies purchased from Hobby Lobby

Directions:
I laid out the plain close pins and coated them with the gold spray paint. (Make sure you are somewhere well ventilated!) Meanwhile, I cut the card stock to fit the little envelopes and rounded the edges off with the edge rounder. I used the white paint pen to write the numbers 1-24 on the front of each envelope. I then came up with a list of favorite Christmas/winter related activities and wrote each one on a card. I then stuffed the envelopes and pinned them to the twine. Finally, I added the light string and wha-lah! A pretty, advent calendar to help remind you to enjoy the special days of anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment